Welcome to the 2024 Israel Tour Info Hub!
This is the best place to find the most up-to-date information on the TOUR, REGISTRATION process, and LINKS to MORE!
Tim and Kristi Knipp are leading Hillcrest’s next trip to Israel in 2024. The trip is currently full, but if you are here interested in possibly going to Israel in the future, we want to encourage that! We desire each and every person who wants to visit and learn in the land to get a chance to do so.
Here are some ways to do that:
- Dr. Carl Rasmussen, a PhD in Biblical Studies, is taking a group to Israel Oct 6 – 18, 2023 this coming fall! I have toured Israel with Carl before and he is amazing. This will be a less physically demanding trip at a cooler time of year.
- Jerusalem University College, where Kristi and Tim studied, has trips throughout the year that are top notch. Many of these will be in cooler times of year as well. For example, they have one being offered next March 4 – 17 that would be a beautiful time to be in Israel. They have non-credited “Pastor and Parishioner” trips as well as trips that double as college classes.
- JUC also has a trip at the exact same time as us. This trip is hosted by my friend from college JR Briggs during June 17 – 30, 2024. I can promise this would be an excellent trip.
- – The Footsteps of Paul (Turkey and Greece) in the Spring of 2025. Christian and I are currently working on getting a Turkey and Greece trip planned for May 2025. This would be more of a springtime experience.
- – Israel in the Spring – Springtime 2026. We are looking at doing our next Israel trip in the springtime. The Summer has worked for some of our community but recognize there are advantages to going in the spring as well. If you would prefer a spring trip this could be the one for you.
Key Details for Hillcrest’s 2024 Israel Trip:
- Hosts: Tim and Kristi Knipp with our expert on-site guide.
- Dates: June 15 – June 30 (On the ground in Israel June 16 – 29)
- 14 Days! 14 days on the ground walking, talking, praying, laughing, and growing on the ground where Jesus lived. This tour has a thoughtful pace, allowing us to really experience the sights, sounds, smells and feel of the land. We have a bias to important places and take the time to enjoy them. To that we add, uncrowded buses and as little time on the bus as possible. Come ready to actually put your feet on the ground in Israel! Check out the itinerary section below.
- Cost: $3,780 per person – A $500 Deposit per person will hold your place. We will begin accepting deposits June 1, 2023.
- Coverage: Parks, entrance fees, tours, tour guides, bus, driver, hotels, transfer, breakfast, dinner, and ALL tips are already included. There are even a few surprises. Airfare, lunches, souvenirs and other incidentals are not covered.
- All participants must purchase Medical Travel Insurance. One option we recommend is only $30 and available at https://faithventures.com/
- You can also add flight and tour cost losses should the trip be canceled or you get sick. See upgrades on the website.
- Flights: Tim and Kristi Knipp will be flying from Vancouver, BC (YVR) midday on June 15, and leaving Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv (TLV) the late evening of June 29. We will post specific details when we book these tickets. We also HIGHLY recommend you book the same flight and travel with us. However, if you choose to travel on your own or wish to connect to other destinations, please be at Ben Gurion Airport by 3:00PM on the afternoon of June 16 and plan your exit to correspond when the bus will be arriving back at Ben Gurion Airport at 10:00PM on June 29. Specific flights will be posted Winter 2024. Plan to spend between $1200-$1600 on flights.
- Physical Exam: For those 65 and older we are asking you to have a conversation with your doctor to approve your ability to participate in the tour. We will walk and hike up to 10 miles a day over uneven, rocky, and uphill terrain in hot weather. Your ability to climb hillsides and many stairs is a must. Please talk to Tim or Kristi for more information.
- View Tour Itinerary
- Registration will open JUNE 1, 2023.
- Registration with a $500 deposit per person will hold your spot.
Preparing for the Trip Together
- There are two main ways we will prepare for the trip together.
- First, we will have a Maps Class in the Winter/Spring of 2024 to learn about geography, culture, and history. This class is open to the whole church and strongly recommended for everyone going on the trip. More details below.
- Second, we will have two trip meetings in the month and a half before we leave to go over specific trip details in regards to the trip. These meetings are required for all participants. More details below.
Maps Class – Winter/Spring 2024
- Further details on Map Classes:
- To get the most out of your time in Israel you want to be oriented to the land when you head over there. This class is a way to get the context of the land, history, and culture so you will be less disoriented in your time there and have categories to put what you are learning into. This class is also open to the whole church. It is strongly encouraged for all those going on the trip.
- Resources recommended for the class:
1 – A new set of Regional Study Maps2 – A copy of Regional Study Guide3 – A copy of Regions on the Run (this can be borrowed or shared)4 – Colored pencils or pens for map marking
Everyone needs to order their own new set of Regional Study Maps and the Regional Study Guide. These two are important. The third item, Regions on the Run, is a small book that is a nice extra. You can also borrow a copy of Regions on the Run from someone who did the class previously or you could also share a copy with someone else if you wanted. If you are only purchasing the first two items (Regional Study Maps and Regional Study Guide) you can get them here:
(Just a heads up, the Regional Study Guide is a downloadable 108 page document. You can print it but it will take some paper.)If you want to do those AND the Regions on the Run book, go to this link which will show you how to get a discount for buying all three.
Trip Meetings – Spring 2024
- We will have two trip meetings shortly before its time to head over on our trip! These trips will be focused on things like what to pack, faq’s, cultural expectations, what to do when you arrive, getting to know one another, and more. We will get the dates out on these meetings when we get closer to the trip. All trip participants are asked to attend these meetings.
Weather – Late June/July Averages
- Desert: 98 Day – 66 Night
- Jerusalem: 87 Day – 65 Night
- Galilee: 92 Day – 72 Night
Video, Images, Etc.
2022 Tour Video:
2019 Tour Videos:
Promo and Informational Videos: